Wednesday 26 February 2014

DESTINATION PINK CITY   




I found the Pink City Express totally pink
Inside and out                                             
Did Jaipur, the Pink City put on the pink look
I began to doubt
As the wheels moved on in cheerful rhythm
I was at leisure
Amazement was in newness in the charted out trip
There was only pleasure
And seeing Jaipur in strange rosy hue
I wasn’t surprised any more
Wouldn’t have I been more startled
If our life was such two-plus-two-four?

Posted for Poetry Jam

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like quite a "rosy" sight. Is it created by the sunset?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from sunset old buildings in the proximity of forts and palaces in Jaipur are pink ...here there is an extensive use of pink sandstones in buildings...the city was founded in 1727...

      Delete
  2. ah it would be a surprise at times if life was that easy as two by two ...but i like the surprises along the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great movement in your words, that feeling of transport into a new day. I like this and its pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- a totally "in the pink" trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem makes me want to travel in this pink train and visit the pink city of Jaipur!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have given a wonderful picture of your experience, Sumana. I would like to see the Pink City as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't realize Jaipur was called the Pink City though I can see why in the photo. Your poem gives it all an exotic feel,

    ReplyDelete
  8. "There was only pleasure
    And seeing Jaipur in strange rosy hue"

    - lovely, exhilarating words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting on the color of the city ~ I think travelling makes us see life outside the normal 2+2+4 equation ~

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for stopping by and sharing your valuable thoughts.........